Anytime Spring Soup with Poached Egg (Paleo, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free)
This is something I make all the time (for breakfast, lunch, and dinner), so I thought I would share it with everyone even though it’s not spring.
It’s so simple (3 ingredients) and has a really great clean feel – I love it.
If so, just Click Here.
First Ingredient: Chicken Broth
You can use homemade chicken broth or use a store-bought one.
Just bring the broth to a boil in a saucepan.
Second Ingredient: Eggs
You want to turn down the heat so that there’s just a gentle simmer and then poach your eggs first by stirring the broth in a circular manner and then cracking one egg at a time into the broth. Cook for 5 minutes for a slightly-runny egg. For more details on how to poach eggs, take a look at this post.
When the eggs are done, remove from the broth and place each egg into a bowl.
Third Ingredient: Romaine Lettuce
Chop the romaine lettuce into thin strips and drop into the broth.
Cook for a few minutes until slightly wilted and then ladle the soup with the lettuce into the bowls with the poached egg.
- 2 eggs
- 32 oz (1 quart) chicken broth
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, chopped
- salt to taste
- Bring the chicken broth to a boil.
- Turn down the heat and poach the 2 eggs in the broth for 5 minutes (for a slightly-runny egg).
- Remove the eggs and place each into a bowl.
- Add the chopped romaine lettuce into the broth and cook for a few minutes until slightly wilted.
- Ladle the broth with the lettuce into the bowls.