I am constantly pained by poor lighting when I cook in the evenings, so let me just preface this recipe by telling you that this dish tastes even better than it looks or sounds! It really came about because I had some bacon in my fridge, and I was wondering what vegetables would go well with it. Zucchinis and mushrooms may seem an unusual choice to go with bacon, but they have very gentle flavors that I felt would complement and not clash with the stronger flavors from the bacon. And they definitely worked well! There’s also some scallions and parsley in the recipe, and they add a herbal hint to an otherwise bacon dominated dish.
If so, just Click Here.
There are a lot of photos detailing every process of this recipe, and you can tell that when I first started cooking, there was still a hint of sunlight, but by the time I had finished, it was almost dark. The dish really only takes around 30 minutes to make, but cutting all the vegetables up can be a drag.
J very helpfully chopped up everything for me so I could take photos instead!
A large plate of sliced mushrooms…
Two zucchinis, sliced and quartered.
And some parsley.
Bacon chopped into small pieces…
Scallions sizzling in frying pan with coconut oil on a low heat.
Zucchini and mushroom in the frying pan.
Stir-frying the zucchini and mushrooms.Cooking the bacon separately.
Everything in the frying pan.
A sprinkle of parsley.
- 2 zucchinis, sliced (1/2 inch thick) and quartered
- 10 baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup of scallions (chopped spring onions)
- 2 tablespoons of parsley, finely chopped
- 10 slices of thick bacon (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Chop up the vegetables and the bacon.
- Add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil to the frying pan.
- Add the scallions to the frying pan.
- Then, add the chopped zucchinis and mushrooms to the frying pan and cook on medium heat.
- Fry the bacon pieces in a separate pot until cooked through.
- Add the cooked bacon pieces to the frying pan. Cook for 2 minutes more in the frying pan.
- Add the parsley to the frying pan.