Cauliflower White Rice Recipe [Paleo, AIP, Keto]
I still recall the first time I heard about cauliflower rice. A friend of mine who knew I had gone Paleo sent me Nom Nom Paleo’s cauliflower rice recipe. I was so intrigued, I just had to give it a try. And then I promptly fell in love with cauliflower rice!
This recipe here for cauliflower white rice is the most basic form of cauliflower rice. So if you master this, you can then get creative and make your own versions of flavorful cauliflower rice. Or you can just stick to this simple dish and use it to pair with stews, curries, and stir-fries.
Cauliflower White Rice Recipe [Paleo, AIP, Keto] – Step-by-step Instructions
Chop the cauliflower into smaller florets.
Place the florets into a food processor. Make sure the cauliflower and the food processor are dry so that the cauliflower rice doesn’t get too mushy.
Food process until the cauliflower forms small rice-like particles.
Heat up a frying pan on medium heat and add in the coconut oil. Squeeze out excess water from the cauliflower before putting it into the pan. Pan-fry the cauliflower rice for 10 minutes until it turns soft but not mushy. Keep stirring to make sure it doesn’t get burnt.
Add in salt to taste and whatever other flavoring you’d like.
How To Serve The Cauliflower White Rice:
You can serve the cauliflower white rice by itself, make cauliflower fried rice from it, or serve it with any dish that you would normal serve with rice like this Paleo coconut chicken curry dish or this slow cooker oxtail recipe (which is Paleo, Keto, and Whole30-approved).
Pinterest Image for Cauliflower White Rice Recipe [Paleo, AIP, Keto]
- ½ head (approx. 220 g) cauliflower
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) coconut oil
- Salt to taste
- Cut up the cauliflower into small florets so that they'll fit into a food processor.
- Process the cauliflower in the food processor until it forms very small "rice"-like pieces. Squeeze out excess water.
- Add 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) of coconut oil into a large pot. Add in the cauliflower pieces and let it cook on medium heat. Stir regularly to make sure it doesn't burn!
- Cook until soft but not mushy. Add salt to taste and serve.