Chicken Breast with Olive Tapenade
There are definitely a lot of days when I’m just too tired/depressed/fed-up to cook anything exciting. Often, I go with the salmon stew (recipe here) to save me during those desperate times. (I keep frozen salmon fillets in my freezer for this purpose actually!)
However, this chicken breast dish is fast becoming a go-to dish too on those days – it’s just so dang simple!
TIP 1: To ensure everything cooks faster, I slice each chicken breast into 3 cutlets (i.e., 3 thinner slices). Alternatively, you can buy ready cut chicken cutlets.
TIP 2: Keep some chicken breasts or cutlets frozen in your freezer for days when you need a super quick meal. (A few other quick chicken recipes that you can use the frozen chicken breasts for are: Coconut Chicken Curry, Chicken Pepper Stir-fry, and Jalapeno Chicken Saute.
After cutting up the chicken breast, I melt 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in a skillet on medium heat and add in 3 whole cloves of garlic (you can crush it slightly with the flat side of a knife to get more flavor out).
Cook the garlic for 2 minutes (to flavor the oil a bit), then add in the 3 chicken cutlets (you can lightly salt the cutlets before putting them into the skillet):
Cook the chicken on each side for 3-4 minutes.
If you’re worried about whether your chicken is cooked properly, use one of these handy meat thermometers.
Then lastly, just top with olive tapenade (recipe here).
Click Here To Download This Recipe As A Printable PDF
- 1 chicken breast (cut into 3 cutlets)
- 3 cloves garlic, lightly crushed
- ½ cup olive tapenade (recipe here)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil for cooking
- Slice the chicken breast into 3 thin cutlets if you haven't already done so.
- Peel 3 cloves of garlic and crush lightly with the flat side of a knife.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in a skillet on medium heat and add in the 3 cloves of garlic.
- Cook the garlic for 2 minutes, then add in the chicken cutlets.
- Cook each side of the chicken cutlets for 3-4 minutes.
- Top with ½ cup of olive tapenade.