Chinese Egg and Scallion Pancakes [Paleo, Keto]
You don’t need many ingredients for this recipe…just eggs and scallions (which are diced green onions). If you don’t have scallions, you can use leeks that have been diced very small or else regular onions diced small. You’ll also need a bit of avocado oil or coconut oil to cook the pancakes in and salt for seasoning.
Traditionally, Chinese egg and scallion pancakes (like those you’ll get at Chinese restaurants) are made from wheat flour mixed with some eggs and scallions, but you can also omit the flour for a healthier gluten-free, Paleo, and Keto meal.
Enjoy these Chinese egg and scallion pancakes with a dash of hot sauce or just by themselves. They also make great wraps – try adding some stir-fried vegetables for a quick and easy Asian-inspired meal.
Pinterest Image for Chinese Egg and Scallion Pancakes [Paleo, Keto]
- Whisk the eggs and mix in the scallions and a bit of salt.
- Pour the oil into a large frying pan and turn the heat to medium.
- When the pan has heated up for 1 minute (the pan shouldn’t be so hot that the egg mixture cooks immediately), pour in the egg mixture carefully so that it fills the pan.
- Cook on medium heat until the egg mixture looks like it’s almost dry/cooked on top. Then carefully flip the pancake using a large spatula.
- Cook for 30 seconds more and then remove to put on a plate.
- Cut into quarters and serve with hot sauce, salt, and pepper.