Chinese Meatball Soup Recipe
Here’s a really simple and quick meatball soup recipe – you can use whatever type of meat you have handy.
If so, just Click Here.
This is great as a simple appetizer.
Or, you can serve this soup along with some other Chinese dishes family style for an entire Chinese meal. Check out this post for some Chinese Family Style Dinner Menu ideas!
- ½ lb of ground meat of your choice (can also be a mix of different ones - I used ¼ lb of pork with ¼ lb of beef)
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons thyme, fresh (or 2 teaspoons dried thyme)
- ½ - 1 Tablespoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg, whisked
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 quart (32 oz) chicken broth or bone broth
- Pour the broth into a large pot and set it on a low heat to start simmering. Add in the grated ginger.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix together the ground meat, parsley, garlic, thyme, salt, pepper, and egg.
- Form approximately 20 meatballs (just a bit smaller than golfballs) with your hands and place into the large pot of broth.
- Boil for 10-15 minutes (you can cut one in half to check it's done or use a meat thermometer).
- Add in the cilantro (and salt to taste).