Juli is the amazingly talented creator of recipes at Paleomg and George is the master genius behind Civilized Caveman Cooking! They run two of the top Paleo recipe blogs in the world, and they’ve gotten together to coauthor this Paleo cookbook. So, you can be sure that it’s absolutely fantastic!
To give you a sneak peak at what’s in The Paleo Kitchen, here’s one of the delicious recipes: Cinnamon Chocolate Swirl Banana Bread.
Recipe from The Paleo Kitchen by Juli Bauer and George Bryant
- 4 medium bananas (about 1 pound/455 grams)
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup (½ stick/50 grams) grass fed butter, melted
- ½ cup (125 grams) almond butter
- ½ cup (60 grams) coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- ½ cup (3½ ounces/100 grams) Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1 tablespoon organic honey
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9-by-5-inch (23-by-12-cm) metal loaf pan and line it with parchment paper.
- Combine the bananas, eggs, butter, and almond butter in a food processor or mixing bowl and mix well until the ingredients are well blended. Add the coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla, and salt and mix together well.
- In a double boiler over medium-low heat, mix together the swirl ingredients until the chocolate has melted.
- Pour the bread batter into the prepared pan and spread it out evenly. As soon as you pour the batter, pour the chocolate swirl directly on top and use a knife to swirl the chocolate throughout the loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle. Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for 15 minutes before serving.