Cucumber Basil Ice Cubes Recipe
These ice cubes have 3 simultaneous benefits – they: 1) flavor your drinks, 2) chill your drinks, and 3) add extra nutrition into your drinks!
And of course, they’re super easy to make.
How To Make Cucumber Basil Ice Cubes
Step 1: Place the cucumbers, basil (I used fresh purple basil leaves), lime juice, and water into the blender. If you have a juicer, then use that.
Step 2: Blend well.
Step 3: Place the puree through a strainer to get the juice. Pour the juice into an ice cube tray or mold (I used a whisky ice cube tray that I bought at Daiso Japan but you can also use a large (2-inch cube) ice cube tray like this one).
Decoration: add a basil leaf into each large ice cube for decoration.
Note: save the left over solids in the strainer to make this easy chilled cucumber mash recipe.
Step 4: Freeze in freezer for 4-5 hours (or overnight) until solid.
Step 5: Use the cucumber basil ice cubes to make iced alcoholic drinks or with just some carbonated water to flavor and chill it. Use additional basil leaves for decoration.
- 1 cucumber (12-13 oz) - peeled and cut into large chunks to fit into blender
- 5 small basil leaves (or 3 large leaves) (use more leaves for decoration)
- Juice from ¼ lime
- ¼ cup water
- Place everything into the blender and blend well. (If using a juicer, omit the water and add the lime juice in after juicing the cucumber and basil.)
- Strain the puree and pour the resulting liquid into large ice cube trays or molds. Save the resulting cucumber solids to make this recipe.
- Freeze the trays for 4-5 hours (or overnight) until solid.
- Make drinks using the ice cubes e.g., add them to sparkling water to flavor the water or to vodka for an easy cucumber basil flavored chilled vodka drink!