52 Delicious Paleo Low Carb Recipes
Post by Lucha: World traveler, culinary student and Media Director at Paleo Flourish Magazine. Lucha will try most food but prefers Indian, Thai and Mexican food above all else. She is currently either cooking, eating, grocery shopping, or browsing recipes on Pinterest.
Low carb (low carbohydrate) diets (like the Atkins diet) have been popular for a long time, and some people confuse the Paleo diet with a low carb diet. Generally, while a Paleo can be low carb, there’s no specific prescription to avoid or count carbohydrates and many high-carb foods like sweet potatoes are considered very Paleo.
However, for some people a low carb Paleo diet can really help with health issues as well as weight loss. And that’s why we decided to put together this huge list of Paleo low carb recipes. (These low carb recipes would also work well for a Paleo ketogenic diet.)
Top 5 Paleo Low Carb Recipes
This crazy, elaborate and fun breakfast recipe will definitely keep you full well into lunchtime! Kids will love it too. (Photo credit: Sonia, aka The Healthy Foodie.)
Ingredients: grass fed ground beef, bacon in lardon strips, Dijon mustard, garlic, pastured egg, Himalayan or unrefined sea salt, black pepper, anise seeds, ground clove, jalapeño pepper, parsley, mint, rosemary, sauerkraut, kale leaf, tomato, avocado.
This easy recipe makes a delicious and complete dinner menu for a family or large group on a cold evening. (Photo credit: Mellissa from I Breathe… I’m Hungry.)
Ingredients: chuck roast, salt, pepper, garlic, onion, celery, carrots, water or broth, red wine (optional), fresh parsley.
This Asian-inspired seafood dish makes a great main or starter. (Photo credit: Josh of Slim Palate.)
Ingredients: shrimp, ghee or avocado oil, garlic, broccoli, sugar snap peas, bay leaf, coconut aminos, fish sauce, toasted sesame oil, red pepper flakes, white wine, chicken broth, lime, pepper.
4. Beefy Cabbage Roll-Ups (Primal)
The dynamic pickling spice is what really makes this recipe stand out. Optional cheese add-on would make this recipe “primal”, but you can leave it off too. (Photo credit: Gigi from Gigi Eats Celebrities.)
Ingredients: grass fed beef, picking spice (mustard seed, dill seed, bay leaves, cinnamon, cloves, pepper, coriander, chili, allspice, ginger), olive oil, green cabbage, water, Irish cheddar cheese (optional), mustard (optional).
This simple but tasty salmon salad is the perfect lunch, dinner or side dish! So versatile and healthy, I could see myself eating this every day and not getting tired of it.
Ingredients: canned wild caught salmon, avocado, carrot, olive oil, fresh lemon juice, coconut aminos, ground ginger, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
Ancestral Chef’s Paleo Low Carb Recipes
Here are some great Paleo low carb recipes from our site.
Ingredients: Asian stir-fry package (or slice up some cabbage and carrots), bacon, avocado oil, cilantro, tamari sauce or coconut aminos, salt.
Ingredients: chicken breasts, cucumber, carrot, cashews (optional), dried red chilies, garlic, tamari sauce, white wine vinegar, coconut oil or avocado oil.
Ingredients: ground beef, onion, diced tomato, tomato paste, basil leaves (optional), garlic, coconut oil, salt.
Ingredients: ground beef, celery stalks, cherry tomatoes, yellow mustard, egg, garlic, salt, coconut oil.
Ingredients: canned tuna (or salmon), fresh basil, jalapeño, eggs, coconut flour, coconut flakes, olive oil, salt, coconut oil.
Ingredients: tilapia or other fish, coconut cream, fish broth, carrots, celery, tomatoes, curry powder or garam masala, turmeric, freshly grated ginger, cilantro, garlic, salt.
Ingredients: almond flour, baking powder, salt, egg, ghee or coconut oil.
More Great Paleo Low Carb Recipes
1. Slow Cooked Corned Beef Brisket And Roasted Cabbage – Slim Palate
2. Raw Zucchini Carrot and Cashew Salad Rolls – Organic Empire
3. Chinese Chicken Lettuce Cups – Popular Paleo
4. Simple Butter Scallops (Primal) – Seasonal and Savory
5. Moroccan Meatballs – The Clothes Make The Girl
6. Paleo Stuffed Grape Leaves (Dolmas) – The Clothes Make The Girl
7. No Potato Salad – Everyday Paleo
8. Shepherd’s Pie – Zenbelly
9. Primal Pizza Pie Layer Casserole (Primal) – Beauty and the Foodie
10. Mushroom and Spinach Quiche – Jan’s Sushi Bar
11. Healthy Eggs Benedict – Your Lighter Side
12. Roasted Garlic Cauliflower Celery Root Mash – Cook Eat Paleo
13. Fancy Homemade Burgers – VA Hunter Gatherers
14. Cocoa Curry Lamb Shanks – VA Hunter Gatherers
15. Almond Crusted Baked Zucchini Crisps – The Iron You
16. Chorizo Cauliflower Fried Rice – Breakfast Hash – Worthy Pause
17. Spinach Cilantro Meatballs – Savory Lotus
18. Tarragon Mustard Chicken – Paleo Fondue
19. Chorizo And Green Chile Frittata – Paleo Fondue
20. “Cheesy” Eggs in Ham – The Paleo Princess
21. Delicious Bacon Brussels Sprouts – Ditch The Wheat
22. Skinny Sun Dried Tomato Meatballs With Spaghetti Squash – The Housewife In Training Files
23. Paleo Cajun Crab Cakes With Remoulade Sauce – Paleo Fondue
24. Mini Paleo Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches – Ditch The Wheat
25. Pulled Lamb’s Leg Lettuce Wraps with Tzatziki and Tomato Chutney – Cansu’s Kitchen
26. Paleo Lettuce Wraps – Health Bent
27. Crab-Stuffed Salmon – VA Hunter Gatherers
30. Easy Creamy Buffalo Chicken Pie – Beauty and the Foodie
31. Shrimp-Avocado Salad – DJ Foodie
32. Sausage Egg Breakfast Bites – Mark’s Daily Apple
33. Guacamole Bacon Stuffed Pepper Poppers – Health Bent
35. Czech Garlic Soup – Melissa Joulwan
36. Simple Cucumber Salad – The Paleo Mom
37. Green Coconut Salmon – Zenbelly
38. Split Asparagus Soup – VA Hunter Gatherers
39. Oven-Braised Mexican Beef – Nom Nom Paleo
40. Paleo Ahi Poke – Rubies & Radishes