Easy Keto Guacamole Recipe with Lime Pieces [Paleo, Keto]
One of the things I love about traveling is experiencing new food and learning new ways to use ingredients.
Recently, in Portugal, I started noticing that many of the dishes used lemon and lime with the peel on. So the entire citrus fruit was used to give a stronger flavor as well as texture. So, for this Paleo guacamole recipe, I used a slice of lime diced up with the peel on. It added an extra burst of lime flavor to the guacamole that made it stand out.
This recipe is also great for those on a ketogenic diet as instead of using regular tomatoes, I only use 2 small cherry tomatoes to keep the net carbohydrate count low.
If you prefer an easier and faster guacamole recipe, then check out the Super Easy Guacamole Recipe here.
What to eat this easy keto guacamole with?
I really like to use guacamole as a side dish to add extra flavor to wraps or meats or even eggs. Here are a few ways to use this easy guacamole dish:
3. Add into a deli meat wrap with some raw veggies
How to make Easy Keto Guacamole with Lime Pieces
Cut the avocado in half and mash it up.
Finely chop the cherry tomatoes, 1 slice of lime with the peel on, and the fresh cilantro. (If you don’t have fresh cilantro, you can use dried cilantro, but I find the flavor of the fresh herb adds a lot to guacamole.)
Add the dice tomatoes, chopped lime, lime juice, and chopped cilantro to the mashed avocado.
Add in the onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper (optional) and salt to taste. Using onion powder, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper means you don’t have to spend time chopping up more vegetables. So this guacamole recipe is faster to make than many others.
Mix well and serve immediately.
Pinterest Image for Easy Keto Guacamole Recipe with Lime Pieces [Paleo, Keto]
- 1 medium ripe avocado
- ½ teaspoon lime juice
- 1 slice of lime with the peel on, diced into really small pieces
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Cayenne pepper to taste (if you want it spicy)
- 2 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon cilantro chopped (or 1 teaspoon dried cilantro)
- Salt to taste
- Mash the avocado in a bowl and add in the lime juice and lime pieces.
- Add in the onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne powder (optional), cilantro, and diced cherry tomatoes and mix well.
- Add salt to taste and serve.