Sometimes there’s just no time to prepare an elaborate or even semi-elaborate meal!
It’s tiring to have to come up with creative recipes involving tons of exotic ingredients after a long day at work. So, I like to have a few quick and easy recipes up my sleeve for when I just want a quick but yet still delicious and nutritious dinner. This is one of those recipes…
If so, just Click Here.
Heat up a frying pan on a medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. Then drop the bell pepper slices into the pan.
I like to buy whole chicken and place it into the slow cooker with some water and light spices to make my own chicken broth (the recipe is here). Then, I store the cooked meat from the chicken in my fridge to use in dishes like this one. If you don’t have already cooked chicken meat, then you can just get a few chicken breasts, chop them up, and stir-fry them in a bit of coconut oil.
Add the cooked chicken to the bell peppers and add in the spices (salt, soy sauce or coconut aminos, chili powder, and black pepper).
You can eat this with a bowl of chicken broth or just on its own.
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 2 cooked and shredded chicken breasts (or equivalent amount of cooked chicken meat)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or coconut aminos
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil for frying
- Add 1 tablespoon coconut oil into a frying pan on a medium heat.
- Place the sliced bell peppers into the frying pan.
- After the bell peppers soften, add in the cooked chicken meat.
- Add in the soy sauce or coconut aminos, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Mix well and stir-fry for a few more minutes.