Egg Custard Tarts Recipe [Paleo, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free]
I was shocked many years ago when I visited China and found that KFC was famous there for their egg tarts! (I have to admit that I tried them, and they were really really good.) So, here’s my Paleo version of the egg custard tart with an almond crust and coconut egg custard. The almond crust makes it a bit crumbly and this version is not as sweet as the traditional ones.
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C).
- Line a muffin tray with cupcake liners.
- Make the crust by mixing the crust ingredients together.
- Push the crust ingredients into each cupcake liner to form a crust. Use your hands to compact the mixture so that it sticks to the sides of the cupcake liner. This forms the tart shell.
- Make the custard by whisking all the ingredients together well.
- Pour the custard mixture into each tart shell.
- Bake at 400F for 12-15 minutes until the tops turn slightly brown.