I’ve often had endives at high-end restaurants as part of an appetizer or salad. It has a nice crunch and a slight bitterness that makes it a refreshing start to a meal. Of course, I couldn’t be content with just making a salad…so I decided to go for a stir-fry with fresh pears and garlic.
If so, just Click Here.
I started by chopping the endives up into 1-inch chunks (discard the bottom end).
Place 1 tablespoon of coconut oil into a frying pan on medium heat and add the endives. Stir occasionally.
While the endives are cooking, mince 2 cloves of garlic and peel a pear (I used a Williams pear) and chop it up into small chunks.
When the endives have started to wilt a little, add the garlic and the pear pieces to the frying pan. Then add salt and a dash of apple cider vinegar. Cook for 2 minutes and serve.
- 4 endives
- 1 pear
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- salt to taste
- Cut the endives into 1-inch chunks and discard the bottom end.
- Place 1 tablespoon of coconut oil into a frying pan on a medium heat and add the endives.
- Mince the garlic.
- Chop up 1 pear.
- When the endives start wilting a bit, add the minced garlic, pear pieces, the vinegar, and the salt. Mix well.
- Cook for 2 minutes and serve.