I’ve been reading about smoothies, and it seems that the word “smoothie” (meaning a smooth talking person) first appeared in print in the US around the early 1900s. However, the fruity drink didn’t become known as smoothies until around the 1960s.
I wanted my smoothie to be a bit more filling than just some frozen fruity juice, and so I experimented with adding some Greek yogurt as well as almond milk. It was quite delicious and very filling!
If so, just Click Here.
TIP: Keep some bananas and berries frozen in your freezer for this! I don’t drink smoothies all the time, so it’s handy to have the bananas around when I do want a glass (it also means you don’t have to add ice).
Oh, and I even topped it with some more Greek yogurt
- 1 banana, frozen
- 1/4 cup raspberries, frozen
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup full fat Greek yogurt
- If you don't have frozen bananas and raspberries, then use fresh ones and add approx. 1/2 cup ice.
- Blend all the ingredients together really well.
- (Optional) Top with some more Greek yogurt.