Homemade Thai Chicken Soup
I love making chicken broth in the slow cooker (see my easy slow cooker chicken broth recipe here), and after having some amazing Thai Chicken and Rice with Chicken Soup in Portland, I had to go make a Paleo version to enjoy at home! It’s a simple process – place everything into the slow cooker and leave overnight.
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 stalk of lemongrass, cut into large chunks
- 20 fresh basil leaves (10 for the slow cooker, and 10 for garnish)
- 5 thick slices of fresh ginger
- 1 lime
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- Additional salt to taste
- Place the chicken, lemongrass, 10 basil leaves, ginger, and salt into the slow cooker.
- Fill up the slow cooker with water.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Ladle the broth into a bowl, add in salt to taste, squeeze in fresh lime juice to taste, and garnish with chopped basil leaves.