This is another really fast and delicious side dish recipe!
If so, just Click Here.
Chop the asparagus into small chunks:
Saute the asparagus in some olive oil (or bacon fat is also good if you have it!).
After the asparagus is tender (5-10 minutes), squeeze in the lemon juice and add in the bacon bits.
Optional: Garnish with more bacon and lemon zest.
- 20 stalks of asparagus (approx.), chop off the end of the stalks and chop into small chunks
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup bacon bits/pieces, precooked
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil or bacon fat to cook with
- Saute the asparagus in approx. 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- When the asparagus slices are tender, squeeze in the juice from 1 lemon (taste after squeezing in 1/2 a lemon to make sure how much more lemon juice you like).
- Add in the bacon bits and saute for 2-3 minutes more.
- Add salt to taste.