Lemon Thyme Infused Iced Tea Recipe
I bought some lemon thyme (a lemony-tasting thyme plant as the name suggests) from Whole Foods a few months ago and it’s been flourishing in the garden despite the drought here.
And since it’s been so hot in California over the past few weeks, I thought some lemon thyme infused iced tea would help cool things down a bit. And if you prefer a sweet-tasting iced tea, then try the plum infused tea recipe here.
Fresh Lemon Thyme
This is the lemon thyme plant – you can get them in most plant nurseries, or if you don’t have it, use regular thyme or another fresh herb. Supposedly, lemon thyme is used to help with digestion, coughing, muscle spasms, as well as to help people relax.
How To Make Lemon Thyme Infused Iced Tea
Step 1: Make a large pot of black tea.
Step 2: Remove the tea bags once the tea has been brewed and add a few sprigs of lemon thyme into the pot with the hot tea.
Step 3: Wait for the tea to cool and then place pot into fridge to chill.
Step 4: Serve with ice and decorate with fresh sprigs of lemon thyme.
- 4-6 cups of black tea (I used British teas like this one)
- 6 sprigs of lemon thyme
- Brew the black tea until ready.
- Remove the tea bag(s) and add 2 sprigs of lemon thyme into the hot tea.
- Let cool and then refrigerate overnight.
- Remove the lemon thyme and serve with ice and fresh sprigs of lemon thyme for decoration.