I had been wanting to make some bacon cups ever since one of my readers sent me a link to a company that sold some form of device for making bacon cups!
It’s a handy cup for filling up with simple salads, and it’s not only “cute” but also delicious!
If so, just Click Here.
What you’ll need
You’ll need a nonstick metal standard-size muffin or cupcake tray (you’ll use the flip side to form the cups), and you’ll need some thinly sliced bacon (thin slices will cook faster and be more crispy).
Preheat oven to 400F.
For each bacon cup, you’ll need 2 and 1/2 slices of bacon. Place two 1/2 slices of bacon across the back of one of the muffin cups, then place a third 1/2 slice across the middle of the other two. Then wrap an uncut slice around the cup tightly. This was the most stable and easiest way of making the cups that I tested. It’s probably easiest to see the photo below.
Then just bake for 25 minutes (until it forms a hard shell). Note – place a tray on the bottom shelf to catch any dripping bacon fat! Cool for 5-10 minutes and then carefully remove.
What to put into the Bacon Cups
- 15 thin slices of bacon
- Equipment: standard nonstick metal muffin or cupcake pan
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Use 2 and ½ slices of bacon to make one bacon cup.
- Turn the muffin cup over (the reverse side), and place 2 half slices of bacon across the back of one of the muffin cups. Place another half slice across those 2, perpendicular to those first 2 half slices. Then wrap a whole slice around the cup tightly.
- Repeat for the other cups.
- Bake for 25 minutes until crispy (place a baking tray underneath in the oven to catch any dripping bacon fat).
- Cool for 5-10 minutes, and then carefully remove the bacon cups from the muffin tray.