This is such a simple and delicious recipe and perfect for showing off your grilling skills without possessing any of those skills! It’s all in the marinade, and luckily, making the marinade just means dumping all the ingredients into a large bowl and stirring it. It’s also great because flank steak is such a cheap steak, so you can grill this all the time!
If so, just Click Here.
[Note: This is actually a recipe I had posted on an old blog (before I started AncestralChef.com), but I wanted to share it with everyone as the BBQ season fast approaches (at least in the US). The recipe is at the end, but first, let me tempt you with some photos!]
- 3 lbs flank steak
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 2/3 cup coconut aminos
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons of mustard
- 6 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger (preferably fresh ginger)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Cut the flank steak into manageable pieces if it's not already cut so.
- Create the marinade using all the ingredients (except the steak).
- Place each piece of steak into a ziplock bag and divide the marinade equally between the bags.
- Seal the bags and marinate overnight.
- Then simply grill them! You can use a meat thermometer to get the steak to the rareness you want.