Mini Fish Cakes Recipe [Paleo, Keto]
Having gotten my parents interested in eating Paleo, my mum has been coming up with new recipes as well and this is one of her creations that has gotten a lot of praise from her friends.
If you’re only used to eating fish pan-seared, then seeing fish cooked in this way might shock you, but if you think of fish as a meat, then this recipe isn’t that different to a mini-meatloaf recipe.
Give it a try – it’s really easy to make and really delicious. Plus, these mini fish cakes are easy to store and pack for lunch or as a snack.
You can use a variety of fish for this recipe – cod or salmon both work well for this. The other main ingredients for this recipe are almond flour and eggs. That helps to make this recipe Paleo as well as Ketogenic friendly.
Pinterest Image for Mini Fish Cakes Recipe [Paleo, Keto]
- 1 lb white fish, raw and food processed to form a paste
- 2 cups almond flour
- 4 eggs, whisked
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 Tablespoons scallions or chives, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon ghee or coconut oil (to spread on top of the cakes before cooking)
- Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C).
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Place muffin liners into a muffin tray and fill each muffin liner with the mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes until the mini fish cakes are solid and golden on top.