Jeremy and I have been doing quite a bit of wine tasting in preparation for the upcoming wedding (we’re having a wine and food pairing plus a separate dark chocolate tasting in lieu of desserts after dinner).
With 15 bottles of wine to taste and only a handful of friends close by, we sadly ended up with several mild hangovers and more than a few unfinished bottles of wine!
So this mushroom dish soaked up a little bit of our unfinished good wine (although you can use any cheap red wine for this). It’s a delicious, quick, and easy side dish to go with a beef dish (like a steak or a roast).
If so, just Click Here.
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 10-12 medium-sized button mushrooms (approx. 1/2 lb), sliced
- 2 Tablespoons ghee (or butter)
- 1/4 cup red wine
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the ghee into a frying pan.
- Add the rosemary and then the sliced mushrooms.
- Saute the mushrooms on medium heat until they've soaked in most of the ghee and are softer (approx. 5-7 minutes).
- Pour in the red wine and add in salt and pepper.
- Keep cooking until pretty much no liquid is left in the pan.