I love cooking my Brussels sprouts with bacon (recipe here), but I had cooked that same dish for several weeks already, and it was losing some of its appeal. So, I came up with a new fast and easy way of cooking Brussels sprouts.
If so, just Click Here.
I started off with cooking a few slices of bacon (chopped into bits), but you can skip this. I know bacon often gets a bad rap for being unhealthy, so check out this article for why bacon is Paleo but only if you search for the good bacon.
While the bacon was cooking, I chopped up a pound of Brussels sprouts, an apple, and some pecans
I added some more oil (olive or coconut) to the pan with the bacon (you can use bacon fat if you have enough of it). This article explains what to look for in a cooking oil, and why bacon fat, coconut oil, and olive oil are great options. Then I added the chopped Brussels sprouts, followed by the apples after 5 minutes, and then the pecans after another 5 minutes.
Cook until the Brussels sprouts are soften enough for your tastes. Season with salt to taste and serve.
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, finely chopped
- 1 medium apple, peeled and diced
- 2-3 slices of bacon, chopped into small pieces
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- salt to taste
- bacon fat to cook in (or else olive oil or coconut oil)
- Toss the bacon pieces into a large frying pan and let it cook.
- Add additional oil into the pan (approx. 1 tablespoon).
- Add in the Brussels sprouts and saute.
- After 5 minutes, add in the apple pieces, and saute some more.
- After 5 minutes, add in the pecans, and saute until the Brussels sprouts are soft enough for your tastes.
- Add salt to taste.