This is how my evening went:
10.00pm: Washing dishes and thinking: “the crockpot is sitting empty…what can I cook in it tonight? Chicken? Nah, sweet potatoes? Hmmmm. With what though?”
10.05pm: Looking to see if there are any other dirty plates on the counter and thinking: “must finish off all those honey crisp apples soon.”
10.10pm: Light-bulb going off (figuratively) and thinking: “apple butter with sweet potatoes!”
10.20pm: Peeling apples and sweet potatoes and chopping them up.
10.30pm: Placing apples and sweet potatoes into crockpot along with cinnamon, pure chocolate powder, ground nutmeg, ginger powder, and ground cloves. Mixing together.
10.35pm: Setting crockpot to low temperature for 10 hours and then relaxing in massage chair with a kombucha!
If so, just Click Here.
Then the next morning, I used an immersion blender to puree the mixture in the crockpot (you can pour the mixture into blender to puree instead).
This goes especially well with slices of paleo apple pie!
- 5 apples, peeled and chopped
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon pure chocolate powder
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg (omit for AIP)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Place everything into the slow cooker (crockpot) and cook on a low setting for 8 hours.
- Use an immersion blender to blend everything into a smooth spread (or pour into a blender).