Paleo Baby Italian Quiche Recipe – Guest Post from Joyful Bite
Kaylie Johnson is a teenage home chef and is author at Joyful Bite. She has fallen in love with the beauty of whole foods and the paleo lifestyle as she has walked out of auto-immune health disorders and into vibrant health! Creating healthy paleo dishes is one of her passions and she’s thrilled to share this love of holistic health and good food with others! You can learn more about Kaylie here. Follow her on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
Paleo Baby Italian Quiche Recipe
Rise and Shine!
I love mornings when I wake up and there is something for breakfast already made and ready to enjoy!
Today, I am introducing you to a delightful recipe, perfect for those morning when you’re feeling just a little bit lazy… or just really want a yummy quiche!
This Paleo Baby Italian Quiche is has a soft and flakey crust which holds a center of mushrooms, tomatoes, and Italian herbs. It’s simple, delicious, and can be made the night before, so it’s ready in the morning! Dig in!
- 3 tablespoons almond flour
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 F degrees (175 C).
- In a small bowl combine all the ingredients for the crust until the dough sticks together and is a smooth texture.
- Press the dough into a 6 inch tart pan.
- For the filling whisk together the eggs, coconut milk, and spices in a small bowl.
- Chop the tomatoes and mushrooms into ½ inch pieces and put in the bowl with eggs.
- Pour the eggs and vegetables from the small bowl into the quiche crust and bake on 350 F degrees for 40 minutes. Use a pie shell guard on the crust to prevent it from burning.