Paleo Bacon Roasted Figs with Maple Coconut Cream Recipe – Guest Post
This recipe is from Jessica Furniss. Jessica is a Certified Personal Trainer and Spinning Instructor. She is passionate about introducing people to fitness, health, and clean eating. She is also the author behind Spiffy Eats & Giggle Water. You can follow her on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest. You can get to know more about Jessica in this Blogger Spotlight feature.
As much as I hate to admit it, summer is coming to a close. What does that mean for grilling season here in Alabama? That it will be nice and breezy while we cook out!
Fall brings with it promises of warm drinks sipped by the fire, landscapes of multi-colored leaves scattered across the ground, and a plethora of delicious produce. One of my favorite fruits at the end of Summer is figs.
Here in Alabama we will have fresh figs into mid Fall. These sweet, rich fruits are so versatile. You can toss them into your morning smoothie or add them to a pork roast. My favorite way to eat them is roasted on the grill!
- Grab three pieces of aluminum foil and place 1 slice of bacon in the bottom of each.
- Place 2 figs on top of each slice of bacon.
- Pour 1 teaspoon of maple syrup on top of the figs and bacon.
- Wrap the foil tightly around the figs and bacon.
- Grill until tender (time will vary based on your grill).
- Remove the figs from the foil and add two each per individual serving dish.
- Pour the juice from the foil, which contains bacon fat and maple syrup, over the figs and discard the cooked bacon.
- Add one teaspoon of coconut cream to each dish of figs.