I have no idea who originally came up with this absolutely fabulous concoction, but she/he must have been a genius! I first had bacon wrapped blue cheese stuffed dates at Traif in Brooklyn, NY, and I have been in love with them ever since.
If you’ve never tried these, then you are seriously missing out. I love serving them at dinners as a passed appetizer – everyone always loves them. But sometimes, I make them just for myself as a treat.
If so, just Click Here.
Here’s a quick photo guide to making these amazing treats – please pin to Pinterest by hovering over the photo and clicking the “Pin “It” button.
- 14 pitted dates
- 7 slices of bacon (cut each in half to create 14 shorter bacon slices)
- 0.2lbs of blue cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Slice each date along one side so that it opens up.
- Fill each date with blue cheese and close it up. Wrap one of the half slices of bacon around the date and place in a baking tray with sides (as the fat from the bacon tends to run).
- Bake in the oven for 20 min before flipping the bacon-wrapped dates over (I found tongs useful for this).
- Bake for another 10 min (i.e. for a total of 30min).