Paleo Banana Pancakes Recipe – Guest Post from Cookie Monster Gone Primal
Kayla is a Canadian engineering student who is passionate about the Paleo and Primal lifestyles and creating delicious recipes. She shares them with the world at her blog, Cookie Monster Gone Primal.
Inspired by other Paleo pancake recipes, Kayla wanted to figure out how to make hers the best. She was after a dough that didn’t crumble and a low caloric-density. She made these with coconut flour as the base and ground flax seed as a healthy emulsifier. Also, she kept the eggs separate so that at the end, she could beat the egg whites into a foam to increase the fluffiness of the batter. Tasty!!
Paleo Banana Pancakes Recipe
- Mash the bananas and add the egg yolks and vanilla. Mix.
- Add the coconut flour, ground flax seed, soda, powder, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix with your electrical beater until just combined.
- Beat your egg whites with an electrical mixer until they form stiff peaks.
- Gently fold your egg whites into your batter using a spatula. As soon as it is evenly mixed, stop mixing!
- Heat your griddle on medium heat and melt 2 tbsp of coconut oil.
- Pour the batter into small puddles onto your grill and cook for 3 minutes, then flip and cook the other side for an additional 3 minutes.