Blogger Spotlight – Chris Kresser
1. What got you interested in the Paleo lifestyle?
I suffered from a decade-long, debilitating illness in my 20s, and a Paleo-based diet and lifestyle were the key to my recovery. Once I recovered my own health, I felt called to use what I had learned to help others do the same.
2. What excites you most about writing/blogging and helping people get healthier?
We’re experiencing an epidemic of chronic, inflammatory disease that is unlike anything humans have ever faced. There’s never been a greater need for a low-cost, effective solution to the health care crisis. I believe a Paleo-based diet and lifestyle have the potential to dramatically improve our health, prevent and reverse chronic disease, and save us billions if not trillions of dollars per year in health care costs. I’m excited to contribute to this transformation in whatever way that I can.
3. What is the top question asked by your readers?
How to heal their gut! My readers are coming to understand that the gut is the key to overall health, whether they’re suffering from fatigue, autoimmune disease, skin problems, or depression.
4. How do your family and friends feel about your Paleo life?
They are supportive, even if they don’t follow a Paleo approach themselves.
5. What are three things you’ve told yourself that kept you going during your weakest moment?
Breathe in, breathe out, breathe in…. When life is difficult, it’s even more important to keep my attention in the present and not get carried away by thoughts about the future or the past.
6. If you had a list of ‘best-kept secrets’ [websites, books, coaches] you’d recommend, which would you include and why?
I don’t think these are secrets, but I mostly follow blogs and read books written by scientists and researchers. I love Whole Health Source by Stephan Guyenet and The Daily Lipid by Chris Masterjohn, in particular.
Chris has been named one of the 100 most influential health personalities and can be found at http://chriskresser.com.
Images: Copyright (c) hubis3d from Fotolia