You asked for a Paleo Bread Recipe
I’ve had a lot of requests for a full loaf paleo bread recipe, so here it is! It takes longer than my microwave bread recipe, but it’s worth the wait (most of the extra time is just waiting for it to cook in the oven), and you can make enough to share.
If so, just Click Here.
This is a pretty simple recipe with fairly easy to get Paleo ingredients. The bread that comes out is solid with a crust (it’s moist inside and forms good medium to thick slices).
For a Lighter Paleo Bread
If you want the bread to be even lighter (or fluffier as I often think of it), then you can add in 1/3 cup pure whey protein powder and also 1/4 cup more almond milk.
Olive Oil or Coconut Oil?
As for whether you should use olive oil or coconut oil in this recipe – I experimented with both, and I like both (the olive oil version goes better with salty foods and the coconut oil version goes a bit better with sweeter foods).
Did you enjoy this Paleo bread recipe?
Enjoy and let me know what you think in the comments below!
BONUS: Norman’s bread recipe
I was really happy when Angelo emailed me and shared with me Norman King’s paleo bread recipe. They’ve allowed me to share this with all of you too!
1/2 cup coconut flour (about 50 gr)
1 and 1/2 cup almond flour (about 150 gr)
1/4 cup chestnut flour (about 25 gr)
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon vinegar (better cider or wine)
Seeds (walnuts, pine nuts , pumpkin seeds ) and/or aromatic herbs (your choice)
1. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
2. Put in a loaf tin (better rectangular), line the tin with aluminum foil.
3. Spread the surface with seeds.
4. Cook at about 175C (300F) for about 30-40 minutes.
I especially love the seeds on top – it just makes Norman’s bread look beautiful!
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons olive oil (or coconut oil)
- 1/4 cup almond milk (or water)
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Grease a loaf pan (9in by 5in) (with olive oil or coconut oil).
- Mix together all the ingredients.
- Pour the batter into the pan and spread so that it fills the pan evenly.
- Bake for 60 minutes.
- Let cool, flip pan, and cut into slices with a bread knife.