Broccoli Bacon Salad with Onions and Coconut Cream [Paleo, Keto, AIP]
I saw a similar broccoli bacon salad in the pre-made food section of my local Whole Foods last week, but the problem I have with buying pre-made food in Whole Foods is they typically cook everything with canola oil!
So, I created a similar salad with broccoli, bacon, red onions, and coconut cream. If you prefer more crunch, you can use raw broccoli instead (I blanched the broccoli first).
Paleo Broccoli Bacon Salad with Onions and Coconut Cream
- 1 lb broccoli florets
- 4 small red onions or 2 large ones, sliced
- 20 slices of bacon, chopped into small pieces
- 1 cup coconut cream
- salt to taste
- Cook the bacon first, and then cook the onions in the bacon fat.
- Blanche the broccoli florets (or you can use them raw or have them softer by boiling them).
- Toss the bacon pieces, onions, and broccoli florets together with the coconut cream and salt to taste.
- Serve at room temperature.