Paleo Coconut Butter Balls Dipped In Dark Chocolate
This Paleo dessert recipe is amazing and easy to make – it also looks fantastic if you have guests over. If you don’t know what coconut butter is, then read this post about it.
Then, I used my hands to form the mixture into 10 1-inch balls and dipped the top of them in shredded coconut. Place them on parchment paper.
I put these into the freezer for an hour to harden. About 10 minutes before getting them out of the freezer, I melted the chocolate. Then remove the coconut butter balls from the freezer and dip them in the melted chocolate. Place back on parchment paper.
Refrigerate for an hour to set the chocolate. Leave at room temperature for 10-15 minutes before enjoying (otherwise it’ll be too hard to enjoy properly).
- ½ lb of coconut butter
- ¼ cup raw honey (adjust sweetness to taste)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 oz dark chocolate (I used Enjoy Life chocolate chips)
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Warm the coconut butter (can be in the microwave) so that it's easy to stir but not too liquidy.
- Mix in the honey (warm up if necessary) and vanilla extract until well mixed.
- Using your hands, shape the coconut butter mixture into balls (1-inch diameter).
- Dip the top of each ball into the shredded coconut and place the balls onto a tray lined with wax paper (so that the shredded coconut is on top).
- Freeze the coconut butter balls for 1 hour until solid.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a small bowl over hot water on a stove while stirring it.
- Carefully dip the bottom of each coconut butter ball into the melted chocolate. Place back onto the wax paper chocolate side down.
- Refrigerate for an hour to set the chocolate.