This is like the popular creamed spinach recipes (except it uses kale rather than spinach and coconut cream rather than heavy cream)! It’s a great side dish – I served it with some pan-fried tilapia.
If so, just Click Here.
- 4 cups kale, finely chopped and stalks removed
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 can coconut milk, use the solid cream on the top of the can after it's been refrigerated for a few hours
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- salt to taste
- coconut oil to cook in
- Melt 1 teaspoon coconut oil in a saucepan and add in the onions. Saute until they turn translucent.
- Add the coconut cream on the top of a refrigerated can of coconut milk to the saucepan.
- Then add in the kale, the curry powder, and the salt.
- Let everything simmer for 5-10 minutes until the kale is soft.
- Use an immersion blender to make the dish smoother. (Optional)