Alina Muresan is a RHN holistic nutritionist who specializes in family nutrition and health. Visit her website, Orgali.ca to find great advice on your child’s nutrition and delicious recipes that are healthy and fast!
This is a super nutritious and very low-sugar recipe – perfect for breakfast (or lunch or dinner)! You can prepare it in advance (and store in the fridge) and pop into the oven in the morning for a fresh breakfast. Or, you can make the whole thing and store it in the fridge for whenever you’re hungry (it lasts 3 days in the fridge).
- 10 eggs
- 500 g ground chicken – any ground meat works
- 1 can (400 ml) coconut milk
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted over low heat
- 7 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup packed parsley, finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Accompaniments: tomato, avocado, green onions, yogurt or sour cream (or use coconut cream or cashew cream for dairy-free alternatives)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 F.
- Beat 5 eggs with a hand mixer in a big bowl (or use a food processor). Add the meat and mix again. Add, one at a time, while mixing after adding each ingredient, the rest of the ingredients, starting with the other 5 eggs.
- Pour everything in a greased 11×15" baking dish.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes in a convection oven until the tart is lightly browned on top.
- Serve with tomato slices, avocado slices, and green onions.
- Top with yogurt or sour cream (or coconut or cashew cream for dairy-free).
For more recipes, visit Orgali.ca.