My mum has cooked my entire life. She has also worked my entire life and was often at work late (she has a PhD in material science has worked for Oxford University as well as IBM in the past).
Despite her exhausting job, every night she would come home and cook an entire meal from scratch for me and my dad (he hates eating leftovers and loves to eat a ton of food). I think this made her amazingly good at cooking quick meals with whatever we had in the fridge.
This fish bake is a dish she’s been making recently – I love it because it’s an entire meal in one large casserole dish. You can double or triple the recipe easily depending on how many people you want to feed. And it takes just a few minutes to chop everything up – after that, you can put your feet up and relax.
If so, just Click Here.
- 4 fillets of fish (approx. 1.5lb), use some salmon and some tilapia or cod
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 yellow squash
- 2 green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon vodka or gin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon tamari soy sauce or coconut aminos (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Chop up the fish, squash, and bell pepper into cubes (approx. 1-inch).
- Toss everything together in a large casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered for 35 minutes.
Substitutions: You can use any vegetables in this dish (just note that for root vegetables, you should boil or roast them for a while first as they will take longer to cook/soften). You can also use any fish and use any white spirit. I’ve also found balsamic vinegar to work well instead of apple cider vinegar.