I am sooo into curry right now!
They’re delicious, full of flavor, packed with nutrients, and so easy to make!
This fish curry has quickly become one of my all time favorites.
If so, just Click Here.
- 1 lb of tilapia or other fish, cut into large chunks (approx 2/3-inch cubes) (defrost the fish if it's frozen)
- 1 can (13.5oz) coconut cream (skim the solid part from a refrigerated can of full fat coconut milk)
- 2 cups of fish broth (or use chicken broth and add 1/2 teaspoon of fish sauce)
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped into chunks
- 3 ribs of celery, chopped into 1/2-inch long pieces
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons curry powder or garam masala
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt to taste
- Boil the carrots in a pot of water until they're slightly tender.
- Pour out the water from the pot with the carrots and add in the fish broth (or the chicken broth with fish sauce).
- Add in the celery, tomatoes, coconut cream, curry powder or garam masala, and turmeric.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer with the lid on for 20 minutes. Stir every 5 minutes.
- Stir in the ginger, cilantro, and garlic. Add salt to taste.
- Then add in the pieces of fish, making sure they're submerged in the liquid.
- Cook for 5 minutes (the fish should flake easily at that point) and serve. Try not to stir too much as it'll break up the fish pieces.