As soon as Jeremy tasted these Paleo chicken nuggets, he looked up at me with a mouthful and said, “Wow, everyone is going to love this!”
It’s really easy, delicious, and perfect for kids (young or old!).
I made a baked version of this before (recipe here), but I really think my new Paleo chicken nuggets recipe below (shallow fried in ghee) is even better!
If so, just Click Here.
Paleo Chicken Nuggets Recipe
The “breading” for these Paleo chicken nuggets is a simple mixture of coconut flour, garlic powder, and salt. There’s also an egg wash to help the “breading” stick. Then the chicken nuggets are shallow fried in ghee (you can use coconut oil instead).
These Paleo chicken nuggets are especially fantastic with my Paleo ketchup (recipe here).
- Cube the chicken breasts if you haven't done so already.
- In a bowl, mix together the coconut flour, garlic powder, and salt. Taste the mixture to see if you'd like more salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk 1 egg to make the egg wash.
- Place the ghee in a saucepan on medium heat (or use deep fryer).
- Dip the cubed chicken in the egg wash and then drop into the coconut flour mixture to coat it with the "breading."
- Carefully place some of the "breaded" chicken cubes into the ghee and fry until golden (approx. 10 minutes). Make sure there's only a single layer of chicken in the pan so that they can all cook in the oil. Turn the chicken pieces to make sure they get cooked uniformly. Depending on the size of the pan, you might need to do this step in batches.
- Place the cooked chicken pieces onto paper towels to soak up any excess oil.
- Enjoy with some Paleo ketchup.