It’s always a hassle trying to think of what to eat for breakfast. This is why it’s best to have super simple breakfast recipes! The usual granola you buy at the store contains oats and a whole host of added sugars. So, I like to make my own granola. You can vary your granola depending on what dried fruits and nuts/seeds you like. There are so many choices!
If so, just Click Here.
Start with your nuts and seeds – I chose pumpkin seeds and almonds because they are nutritious, crunchy, and delicious.
Place into a blender or food processor and blend on a slow setting. I like to have them fairly chunky still, but you can blend them for longer to get small pieces.
Pour the blended nuts/seeds into a bowl and top with some dried fruit. I used around 15 raisins and 1 chopped up prune (which was very tasty). Dried fruits can be delicious, but remember not to use too much of them as it’s unlikely that our ancestors would have had that much access to fruits in general. Also, eating too many prunes can lead to a lot of trips to the bathroom!
- 1/2 cup of almonds (or other nuts of your choice)
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin seeds (or other seeds of your choice)
- 15 raisins
- 1 prune, chopped
- (serve with coconut milk or almond milk)
- Place the almonds and pumpkin seeds into a blender or food processor and blend on a slow setting so that they're in reasonably large chunks still.
- Pour the blended nuts/seeds into a bowl and top with the dried fruit.
- Pour cold coconut milk or regular milk on top and enjoy.