Are These Paleo?
I’m sure many of you are wondering whether this is even a Paleo recipe! But rest assured – it is!
For why Green Beans are Paleo, read this article.
For why Potatoes are Paleo, read this post.
If so, just Click Here.
Now for the Recipe:
It’s super simple – peel your potatoes (chop them up into 1-inch chunks if you’re using a large potato) and place the potatoes into a large pot with the green beans. Add a little bit of water and some seasoning (and some scallions if you’ve got time).
Then just cook with the lid on the pot on a medium heat until the green beans and the potatoes are tender. The potatoes will soak up much of the liquid so there won’t be too much left. Then take the beans and potatoes out of the pot and toss gently with some Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
It makes a fantastic side dish. If you want to omit the potatoes, then that’s fine too. It tastes great with just green beans!
- Place the green beans and potatoes in a pot so that it fills up the pot at least half way. Mix the coconut aminos or tamari sauce, star anise, and salt + pepper with the 1½ cups of water and add the mixture to the pot.
- Cook on a medium heat with the lid on the pot.
- Check after 20 minutes that the green beans and potatoes are tender and that there's sufficient water left in the pot. If they're not tender yet, then cook for 10 more minutes. If the water is very low, then top up with a ¼ cup of water.
- When everything is cooked, drain the potatoes and green beans.
- Toss with the Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Add extra salt to taste.