Paleo Meatloaf Recipe with Paleo Bread Crumbs
This Paleo meatloaf was really delicious and super easy to make. It went perfectly with my Paleo ketchup (recipe here), and instead of the regular wheat-filled bread crumbs, I made a quick batch of my microwave Paleo bread (recipe here), crumbled it, and then toasted it to make some Paleo bread crumbs to go into the meatloaf mixture.
Paleo Meatloaf Recipe
I started off by making one serving of my microwave Paleo bread (recipe here). I used coconut flour instead of chia bran (which is why it has a yellow color). After it had cooled for a few minutes, I broke the bread up into small pieces, placed them onto a baking tray and toasted them in the oven for 5-10 minutes.
These Paleo bread crumbs worked really well in the Paleo meatloaf recipe by making the meatloaf less dense.
Next, I worked on the meat mixture (which was just dumping all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mixing it all together well!). I like to use a combination of ground beef and pork in my meatloaf, but you’re welcome to use just beef or just pork if you prefer that.
I greased a loaf pan (9in by 5in) with coconut oil, and then placed the meatloaf mixture into the greased loaf pan. I slathered some of my Paleo ketchup over the top of the meatloaf and baked it for an hour.
After the Paleo meatloaf is done, cut it into 1-inch thick slices, remove each slice carefully from the loaf pan, and serve with extra Paleo ketchup if needed.
- ¾ lb beef, ground
- ¾ lb pork, ground (or use meat of your choice)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 egg, whisked
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1 cup Paleo microwave bread
- ½ cup almond milk
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 2-4 Tablespoons Paleo ketchup, plus more for serving
- coconut oil to grease loaf pan
- loaf pan (5 by 9 inch)
- Make 1 serving of Paleo microwave bread, crumble the bread, and then bake it in the oven for 5-10 minutes to make Paleo bread crumbs.
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease the loaf pan with coconut oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the beef, pork, onion, egg, parsley, salt, paleo bread crumbs, almond milk, and coconut milk.
- Place the meatloaf mixture into the greased loaf pan and slather 2-4 tablespoons of Paleo ketchup on top.
- Bake in oven for an hour, and check with a meat thermometer that the internal temperature reaches 160F.
- Cut into large slices (1-inch thick) and serve with more Paleo ketchup if needed.