I feel like I’ve been on a Mexican kick since those fish tacos I cooked for Cinco de Mayo! So here’s another Mexican dish – beef tacos. You can eat them with lettuce wraps or they’re great to gobble down with a spoon!
If so, just Click Here.
Then I melted a tablespoon of coconut oil in a saucepan and sauteed the onions until they turned translucent.
Then I added in the ground beef and let that cook for a bit. I used spatula to break up the beef so it didn’t clump (I also poured out some liquid that accumulated during cooking). Then I added in the rest of the veggies.
Lastly I added in all the spices: minced garlic, cumin powder, chili powder, paprika, oregano, and salt to taste. I cooked it until the tomatoes were soft. Then garnished it with some chopped cilantro and served it with lettuce wraps.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, deseeded and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder (or to taste)
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup cilantro, finely chopped (for garnish)
- coconut oil to cook with
- lettuce leaves to serve with
- Saute the onions in 1 tablespoon of coconut oil until the onions turn translucent.
- Add in the ground beef and saute until the beef is pretty much cooked. Use a spatula to stir the beef to ensure it doesn't clump together. Pour out any excess water produced during cooking.
- When the beef is pretty much cooked, add in the tomatoes, bell pepper, jalapeno, minced garlic, cumin powder, paprika, oregano, chili powder and salt and pepper.
- Cook until the tomatoes are soft.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with lettuce wraps or by themselves.