Paleo Mustard Celery Ground Beef Recipe

facebooktwittergoogle_pluspinterest Paleo Mustard Celery Ground Beef Recipe

This dish was so good I had to make it twice in the same day! It’s so easy and uses very common ingredients. The mustard works really well with the celery and ground beef to create a really flavorful and nutritious meal.

This is especially fantastic for whenever you’re short on time – it takes just 20 minutes from start to finish (prep time is really short because there’s so little to chop).

Do you want me to email this recipe to you?
If so, just Click Here.

Link

Grassfed or Conventional Ground Beef?

I get asked a lot about whether I recommend grassfed beef over conventional beef, and so this is a very short blurb about it.

Grassfed beef is from cows fed grass whereas conventional beef is from cows fed a mixture of grains and soy (typically). There may also be differences in living and slaughter conditions, whether the cows are injected with hormones and antibiotics, and whether the feed given to non-grassfed cows contains pesticide residue.

But from a nutrition standpoint, the biggest difference is that grassfed beef typically gives us higher amounts of omega-3 fats, which is especially helpful if you’re not taking in other sources of omega-3 fats (like fish).

I’m a fan of grassfed beef, but I’ll eat conventional beef if I can’t get grassfed beef, and in the end, I think it’s better to eat beef rather than grains regardless of whether you’re eating grassfed or conventional beef. So, I don’t really stress too much about it.

paleo ground beef recipe

The recipe below is for one serving, but you can easily scale it up – just make sure you use a large enough pot.

5 from 1 reviews
Paleo Mustard Celery Ground Beef Recipe

Prep time
Cook time
Total time

Serves: 1 serving
Ingredients
  • 0.3-0.4lb ground beef
  • 2-3 celery stalks, cut into thin slices
  • 8 -10 cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 2 teaspoons yellow mustard (condiment)
  • 1 egg
  • 3 cloves garlic, crushed
  • Salt to taste
  • 1 Tablespoon coconut oil to cook with
Instructions
  1. Melt the coconut oil in a large frying pan on medium heat, and cook the ground beef until all of it turns brown. Stir regularly to get it to cook evenly and to break up any large chunks.
  2. Add in the celery slices and cherry tomato halves and cook for 5 minutes while stirring regularly.
  3. Break an egg into the pan and stir to mix it into the ground beef mixture.
  4. Add in the mustard and garlic, and cook until the pieces of eggs are done (not liquid anymore).
  5. Add salt to taste.
Nutrition Information
Serving size: 1 heaped plate
facebooktwittergoogle_pluspinterest

Comments

1. Linda says

Hi Louise, I really like all of your recipes and am so
    pleased to receive them! It is very kind of you to respond. I fixed
    the Simple Coconut Seafood Soup recently and it was delicious. I
    don’t remember if I got it from you or just searching the web.
    Thanks ! The sun is out in Kansas!! Linda

2. Jennifer says

This was SO easy and tasty. I have always hated celery in anything other then soup. Who knew that if I sauteed it with some mustard and meat it would taste good? (you, I guess) Thanks!

3. Ana says

Hi! I was searching for something new in coking ground beef and I chanced upon your ground beef with celery and mustard recipe. I love it! It’s good and very easy to make. Thank you! I’m now going through your whole website and enjoying! :)

Ana

4. Amanda says

Louise,
    You are a magician in the kitchen. Thank you for your website and for sharing such wonderful recipes.

What is the best way to modify the quantity of ingredients to make enough for a family of four (one of whom is a teenage boy who eats a LOT)?

Many thanks for your guidance,
    Amanda

• says

Thanks Amanda :) My general rule of thumb is to make sure there’s around 1/2 lb per person of some type of meat each meal (lunch and dinner). I’d start with that amount (so 2 lb of meat for each meal for your family), and test it with some recipes. If you always end up with leftovers, then you can decrease to 1.5 lb of meat, or if you find there’s not enough, then up it to 2.5 lb. That’s how I judge recipes that I haven’t made before (because some recipes have very tiny serving sizes).

Hope that makes sense – I haven’t tried explaining that idea before.

5. Dede says

When you say mustard, do you mean yellow mustard powder, seeds, or prepared mustard (condiment). Thank you!

• says

prepared mustard condiment. Great question. Apologies, I should have made that clearer – going to modify the recipe to let everyone know.

6. Frances says

I tried this tonight and really enjoyed it. I’d used up all my celery last night so substituted chinese/napa cabbage and it worked well. Thanks for all your inspired recipes!