Paleo Roasted Tomato Basil Salad
This is a variation on the simple tomato basil salad I made a few days ago. I was inspired by Hey, That Taste’s Good’s roasted tomatoes recipe (here) and decided to roast my cherry tomatoes too! Since I still had so much fresh basil, I went with just basil instead of adding a variety of herbs. The roasting process caramelizes the tomatoes so they’re sweeter – in fact, it almost tastes like I’m eating sundried tomatoes. They were so delicious, I polished them off before the rest of my food was ready!
First thing I did was preheat my oven to 350F (175C). Then, I cut my cherry tomatoes into halves (grape tomatoes would work well too).
Then I added some minced garlic.
I love fresh basil, so those of course went in.
Lastly, I added some olive oil and salt.
After I mixed everything together well, I spread it on a baking tray making sure all the tomato halves faced up. I also tried to keep all the minced garlic and basil on top of the tomatoes rather than just on the baking tray.
Done after 40 minutes.
- ½ lb (2 cups) of cherry or grape tomatoes
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350F (175C).
- Halve the cherry (or grape) tomatoes.
- Combine the tomato halves with the minced garlic, chopped basil, olive oil, and salt.
- Spread on baking tray with the tomato halves facing up.
- Bake for 40 minutes.