It’s easy to forget just how easy salads are! Throw everything into a bowl, add olive oil and vinegar (balsamic, apple cider, lemon juice, lime juice), and toss.
If so, just Click Here.
What makes a good salad? Fresh, ripe ingredients matter a lot when it comes to salads – there’s only a simple salad dressing covering up the fruits and vegetables in your salad, so if the leaves are wilted or the fruit sour, you’ll know it!
I like to add a variety of different things into my salads. I like some boiled eggs for the protein and fat (leftover meats are also good for this), I like some berries for their color and for their sweetness, and I like some leaves for their crunchiness and for their green color. Then I just throw in whatever is handy – tomatoes, cucumber, avocados, celery, carrots etc.
Here’s a pretty typical salad that I’ll make.
- 2 eggs, hard boiled and peeled
- 1/2 avocado
- 10 grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- handful of blueberries
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- drizzle of balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chop up the eggs and cube the avocado.
- Toss all tomatoes, blueberries, and romaine lettuce with the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and salt and pepper.
- Add the egg and avocado pieces and gently toss again.