I love visiting Asian supermarkets, because you get to see so many great fruits, vegetables, meats, and seafoods!
In Vancouver, there’s a ton of Asian supermarkets and a ton of seafood, so sashimi seemed like a great option to pick up at my local H-Mart. Since you don’t have to cook anything, this paleo sashimi salad with kale and mangos is super fast to make. It’s fantastic as an appetizer or a quick lunch.
After tossing the kale in the dressing, top with sliced salmon sashimi and mango.
NOTE: You can use cooked salmon or tuna (or tuna sashimi) instead if you can’t find salmon sashimi.
- 2 handfuls of baby kale leaves
- 1 ataulfo mango, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 lb salmon sashimi, slice into 10-12 slices
- 1/2 Tablespoon raw honey
- 3 Tablespoons tamari sauce
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Mix together the honey, tamari sauce, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar to make the salad dressing.
- Toss dressing with kale leaves and divide into 2 bowls.
- Top each bowl of salad with mango slices and sashimi.