Paleo Slowcooker Apple and Mustard Pork Belly Recipe
I’ve always thought that apple and mustard go amazingly well with pork, so I thought why not combine everything together and use the slow cooker to make it easy and effortless!
Apple and Mustard Pork Belly Recipe
It’s pretty much a dump everything into the slow cooker and wait recipe, but I did find that heating it back up in a saucepan for 5 minutes and with some extra mustard made it taste even better. It’s especially a great trick if you’re eating leftovers the next day.
- 2 lb pork belly, chopped into chunks
- 4 medium apples, peeled and chopped into chunks (I find most apples work)
- 3 Tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons mustard (dijon or whole grain)
- Mix all the ingredients together in the slow cooker.
- Cook for 10 hours on low.
- Before serving, heat in a saucepan with additional mustard and salt to taste.