Southern-Style Biscuits Recipe (Paleo, GF, Grain-Free, Dairy-Free Option)
This is a guest post from Kelly Smith of The Nourishing Home. Kelly just released her fantastic baking cookbook, Everyday Grain-Free Baking, which you can purchase on Amazon by clicking here. And this delicious recipe below is from the cookbook. So if you enjoy the recipe, then please check out her cookbook! And if you want to read more about her cookbook, then check out our review here.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine almond flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together melted butter and honey until smooth. Add the coconut milk, eggs, and apple cider vinegar, whisking together until well combined.
- Using a spoon, stir the dry mixture into the wet mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Scoop a large spoonful of batter into your hands and gently roll into a ball about the size of an apricot; repeat until you’ve made 8. Place the dough balls on a parchment-lined baking sheet two inches apart and gently flatten using the palm of your hand. (If dough is too sticky, refrigerate for about 15 minutes before rolling into balls and flattening.)
- Bake about 15 minutes, until golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Serve warm with a drizzle of raw honey or homemade jam.