Spaghetti squash is popular in Paleo as a grain-free alternative to pasta. The squash naturally forms strands that look like spaghetti.
However, I wanted to do something different with my spaghetti squash, and so I decided to make a nice warming soup with apples and fall spices.
If so, just Click Here.
- Pour the chicken stock into a large pot on high heat.
- Cut the spaghetti squash into chunks (removing the outer skin and the seeds).
- Place the apple chunks and the spaghetti squash chunks into the pot, and cook until the squash is very tender.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the squash and apple. (If you don't have an immersion blender, then just remove the squash and apple pieces and puree in a blender or food processor and then pour back into the pot.)
- Mix in the cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt to taste.