Paleo Trail Mix Bars Recipe – Guest Post from Tarah Chieffi
Tarah Chieffi is an author, freelance writer, blogger at What I Gather and holistic nutrition educator in the Louisville/Southern Indiana area. Tarah’s passion is working with pregnant women, new moms and families to achieve health and happiness through physical fitness and a “real food” lifestyle. The Paleo Trail Mix Bars recipe here is from Tarah’s latest book, The Everything Paleo Pregnancy Book. You can read more about it here.
Paleo Trail Mix Bars Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a 9" × 9" glass baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, stir together eggs, vanilla, and honey until well combined.
- In a large bowl, stir together shredded coconut, sunflower seeds, almonds, walnuts, raisins, salt, and cinnamon.
- Pour egg mixture into bowl with dry ingredients and stir until everything is evenly coated. Pour into prepared dish and press down evenly until tightly packed.
- Bake for 18–20 minutes. Let cool completely and cut into 12 bars.