Our mission is to help you learn about health and nutrition. To do that, we show you content and ads we think you’ll be interested in based on information we collect from you and third parties. We only use that information where we have a proper legal basis for doing so.
This policy is provided to help you understand what information we collect, how we use it and what choices you have about it. We’ve tried our best to explain things in a simple and clear way and we welcome any questions and comments on this policy.
We collect information in a few different ways:
1. When you give it to us or give us permission to obtain it.
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey or fill out a form.
When you sign up for, or use this website, you give us certain information voluntarily. This includes your name, email address, phone number, comments, and any other information you give us. You can also choose to share with us location data. If you buy something on this website, we collect payment information, contact information (address, email, and phone number) and the details of what you bought. If you buy something for someone else on this website, we collect their delivery details and contact information.
You may, however, visit our website anonymously.
2. We also get technical information when you use our website.
Whenever you use any website, mobile application or other internet service, certain information gets created and logged automatically. The same is true when you use our website. Here are some of the types of information we collect:
- Log data. When you use this website, our servers record information (“log data”), including information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit a website, or that your mobile app automatically sends when you’re using it. This log data includes your IP address, the address of and activity on websites you visit, searches, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, how you used our website, cookie data and device data.
- Device information. In addition to log data, we collect information about the device you’re using, including type of device, operating system, settings, unique device identifiers and crash data that helps us understand when something breaks. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you’re using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or Android phone.
3. Our partners and advertisers share information with us.
We also get information about you and your activity outside this website from our affiliates, advertisers, partners and other third parties we work with, or other publicly available sources.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
What we do with the info we collect:
We use the information we collect to provide the Service to you. We commit to showing you content that’s relevant, interesting and personal to you. In order to do that, it’s necessary for us to use your information to:
- Identify you when you use our website, and process your transactions.
- Recommend topics or categories you might like based on your activity on our website.
- Respond to your questions or comments.
In addition and for similar reasons, we have a legitimate interest in using your information in these ways. It’s necessary for us to do these things in order to make the Service relevant, interesting and personal to you, and it’s in both of our interests for us to do that.
We also have a legitimate interest to improve our website, maintain our relationship with you, and protect users.
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To process transactions (your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested)
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other website feature
- To send periodic emails depending on your subscription settings
The email address you provide may be used to send you information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
How we protect your information:
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
Transferring your information:
Our website is accessed worldwide. By using our website, you authorize us to transfer and store your information outside your home country, including in the United States, for the purposes described in this policy. The privacy protections and the rights of authorities to access your information in these countries may not be the same as in your home country.
We take additional measures when information is transferred from the European Economic Area (EEA). This includes having standard clauses approved by the European Commission in our contracts with parties that receive information outside the EEA. We also rely on European Commission adequacy decisions about certain countries, as applicable, for data transfers to countries outside the EEA.
Choices you have about your info:
Our goal is to give you simple and meaningful choices regarding your information. If you opt-in to our email list, many of the subscription choices you have are built directly into our website or your settings. For example, you can:
- Edit information in your profile at any time.
- Choose whether our website will be customized for you using information from other websites or apps. If you have opted into our email list, you can visit your settings and update your “Personalization” preferences.
- Opt out of your account at any time.
How and when we share information:
Some of the ways we use your information require us to share information with third parties to make sure our customization is effective and comply with laws that apply to us. We share your information with:
- Other services (like Facebook or Google) when you decide to link to those services or publish your activity on this website to them. For example, you can choose to share blog posts to Facebook or Twitter.
- Merchants you purchase from on this website. When you buy something on our website using your payment card, we share information necessary for you to make your purchase, such as your payment card information, contact information, and other information about the transaction with the merchant you’re buying from. For example, if you buy something on our website using Apple Pay, your card number isn’t shared with the merchant, but we still share contact and transaction information. We share this information because it’s necessary to make the purchase. The merchants treat this information in the same way as if you had made a purchase from their website directly, which means that their privacy policies and marketing policies apply to the information we share with them.
- Law enforcement agencies or government agencies. We only share information if we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- Our wholly owned subsidiaries and affiliates. If we were to engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or similar transaction that involves the transfer of the information described in this Policy, we would share your information with a party involved in such a process (for example, a potential purchaser).
How long we keep your information:
We keep your information only so long as we need it to provide services to you and fulfill the purposes described in this policy. This is also the case for anyone that we share your information with and who carries out services on our behalf. When we no longer need to use your information and there is no need for us to keep it to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, we’ll either remove it from our systems or depersonalize it so that we can’t identify you.
You have options in relation to the information that we have about you described below. To exercise these options, please contact us. If you’re an EEA user, you can:
- Access the information we hold about you. We’ll usually share this with you within 30 days of you asking us for it.
- Have your information corrected or deleted. You can update your information in your settings. If you have problems updating the information or if you would like us to delete it, contact us.
- Object to us processing your information. You can ask us to stop using your information, including when we use your information to send you marketing emails or push notifications. If you opt out of receiving marketing messages from us, we may still send updates about your account. We only send you marketing material if you’ve agreed to it, but if you’d rather we don’t, you can easily unsubscribe at any time. The unsubscribe link is at the bottom of every email we send out.
- Have the information you provided to us sent to another organization, where we hold this information with your consent or for the performance of a contract with you, where it’s technically feasible.
- Complain to a regulator. If you’re based in the EEA and think that we haven’t complied with data protection laws, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commission in Ireland or with your local supervisory authority.
How we make changes to this policy:
The best way to get in touch is through our contact page. You can also write to us at: Paleo Magazine, PO Box 1620, Bend, OR 97709 USA.
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.