Rosemary Liver Burgers
Liver is so good for us, but the taste even gets me sometimes! So I sneak them into things, and burgers are great candidates. Then you add some great spices to cover it up even more. Of course, if you love the taste of liver, then there’s no need to do any of this!
I started with some rosemary (around 1/4 to 1/2 cup) and chopped it very finely.
The rosemary goes in with all the other spices (oregano, pepper, chili pepper flakes) into the liver and ground grass fed beef mixture.
Mix everything together really well. I formed pretty thin patties to ensure that the meat would cook all the way through quickly (I didn’t want any raw liver in there). Then you can either grill them or pan fry them if it’s too cold to fire up the grill. I pan grilled them in a bit of butter (but coconut oil works great too!). Sprinkle a bit of salt on eat burger patty while they’re cooking.
Then you can eat them by themselves with a salad. The fresh rosemary really gives the burgers a fantastic herb flavor while the chili pepper flakes adds that kick. You don’t need condiments to spice up this burger!
- 2 lbs ground grassfed beef
- 1 lb ground liver (you can food process your liver and then drain the excess blood)
- ¼-1/2 cup rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili pepper flakes (less if you don't want it too spicy)
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Mix all the ingredients together well.
- Form thin burger patties with your hands.
- Grill the burgers until fully cooked through.